Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Monday, May 17, 2010

Digital Two for Tuesday 48


Wow, almost a year of posts.  It is hard to believe.  It is so much fun to see what the host each week creates with the digital images.  I have learned so much from all of you.  You would never know that I use to be a die hard rubber stamper and would never consider digi stamps as a form of artwork. I think our guest hosts each week prove that statement incorrect and this weeks hostess is no exception.  She has created two beautiful projects using these great old images from the Jordan Marsh catalogue from 1885.  I just love her coloring of these detailed images.  Margie has not been feeling well lately so here is sending her a big get well soon. 

Here is Margie's bio in her own words.   "My name is Margie Overman. I live in Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles.  I love being creative and create work of Art. I use different Art Mediums from Distress Inks to Crayola Twistables to create my work of Art.

I also teach Paper Crafts. I´m an endorsed Paper Craft teacher from Urban Swank teaching Paper Crafts and Home Decorative projects with the gorgeous Urban Lily´s products.

How I created the projects. 
Project 1:
I started with coloring the girls in the Image with Crayola Twistables. I glued the image to a white big card stock and after that I used Glimmer Mist Spray and sprayed the image with the nice sparkling paint. It gives a nice shine to the Image.

Project 2:
I colored the girls with Crayola Markers and also Distress Inks from Ranger with the Ranger paint nibs.  After I glued the image to the card size 5x5 Inches, I punched 2 holes in the card and placed a bow on the card.  As the finishing touch I adhered 2 3D Heart Stickers to the card."
You can see more of Margie's work on her blog. Margie's Creative Projects  I hope you take the challenge this week.  Please link your project in the comments section of this post so we can all be inspired.

5 comments:

  1. These are adorable Victorian children images. Thanks so much for all of your generosity, Cora! Lovely samples, Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are wonderful. My first visit and I love what you do! Thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did very well Margie, you are very inspiring me. I will have to try to work with images that have more grey zone, it will take me out of my confort zone. Very nice work. nice images Cora
    Thanks
    fany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards! you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.